Smartphones are extremely useful for Owner-Operators, who spend a lot of time on the road and away from an office. Your smartphone enables you to have access to a wide range of useful tools and information. Utilize these tools to make your life easier while on the go:
1. Access the Internet:
• Access your settlement information at your carrier’s website
2. Take Pictures of Receipts with Phone, Create PDF Document, Attach to Email:
• Download the CamScanner App to access this service info on the CamScanner App
3. Print from Phone:
• There are cloud print services available through Walmart and UPS (download the HP Eprint Service App to access this service)
• Print to any wireless printer (download the Printer Share mobile Print App)
• Save files to micro SD, purchase card reader, print on any computer
• Send email to self, print from any computer
4. Create Documents:
Most smart phones have the ability to create:
• Word Documents
• Excel Spreadsheets
5. Online Banking
Most banks have an app you can download to access your accounts. If your bank does not have an app you can still use the internet to go to their mobile website
to access your accounts.
Use your phone’s calendar to set reminders and appointments.
All smart phones have a map that can be used as a GPS. You can also download the Mapquest app if you prefer Mapquest.